Committee Background and Purpose
On May 7, 2013 the Sausalito City Council formed a Marinship Specific Plan Steering Committee. The purpose of the Steering Committee is to work with staff and a consultant to accomplish the following goals:
- Evaluate the MSP using studies already completed on behalf of the City and any new studies as recommended by the Marinship Specific Plan Steering Committee to determine to what degree that the MSP is adding to the health of the City and to the degree that is necessary to avoid the negative consequences of doing nothing.
- Identify areas of the Marinship where improvements can be made to the MSP to add to the health of the City and to avoid the negative consequences of doing nothing.
- Develop a community engagement plan and a property owner outreach program.
- Recommend changes to the MSP as required.
The Marinship Specific Plan Steering Committee consists of five members (two former City Councilmembers, two residents and one Planning Commissioner) appointed by the City Council and two City Councilmember liaisons.
To get on the Marinship Specific Plan Steering Committee mailing list, send an e-mail request to Lilly Schinsing.
Tony Badger, City Resident
Leon Huntting, Former Councilmember
Mike Kelly, Former Mayor
Robin Petravic, City Resident
Bill Werner, Planning Commissioner
Thomas Theodores, Council Representative
Ray Withy, Council Representatives
City Staff Liaison: Lilly Schinsing, Administrative Analyst - (415) 289-4134
Agendas and Packets
2013 Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 14, 2013 October 14, 2013
Thursday, October 17, 2013 October 17, 2013
Monday, November 4, 2013 November 4, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
click here to watch the video tour from December 5
January 27, 2014
February 24, 2014
March 17, 2014 Consultant Water Tour Video
March 27, 2014 Special Mtg
April 5, 2014 Workshop Packet Reprint / Comments Form
April 28, 2014
May 19, 2014
June 23, 2014
July, 28, 2014
City Council Reports:
- March 5, 2013 City Council - Item 6A - "Marinship 101" - click here
- May 7, 2013 City Council - Item 6B "Marinship Next Steps" - click here
- September 10, 2013 City Council - Item 6B - "Marinship Next Steps" - click here
- October 22, 2013 City Council - Item 6C - Award of Contrct for the Marinship Study Consultant - click here
- November 19, 2013 City Council - Item 6B - Update: Analysis a& Evaluation Marinship Specific Plan - click here
- January 28, 2014 City Council - Item 6B - "Update: Analysis & Evaluation Marinship Specific Plan" -
- February 25, 2014 City Council - Item 6B - "Update: Analysis & Evaluation Marinship Specific Plan" -
- Request for Proposals for an Analysis and Evaluation of the Marinship Specific Plan (RFP and Addendum #1)
- Marinship Historic Context Statement (Appendix A, Appendix B)
- WAM Report. In July of 2007 the Waterfront and Marinship (WAM) Committee was established by the City Council as a part of a visioning process that the City commenced in 2003. The WAM’s charge was to look at the waterfront, and the Marinship area in particular, for ways to maximize the economic vitality, while balancing the quality of life and character of those areas. The WAM presented their final report to the City Council on May 18, 2010 (report).
- Marinship Business and Land Use Inventory Report. The Planning Division conducted an on the-ground business and land use inventory of the MSP Area between October 2010 and January 2011. The final report was presented to the City Council on March 22, 2011 (report).
- Short Term Business Needs Study. The Short Term Business Needs Study was prepared to address the short-term business needs of the community. The Study was completed in January 2011 by BAC members, and revised in July 2011 (study).
- Sausalito Community and Economic Development Study. In June 2010 the City Council authorized the preparation of the Sausalito Community and Economic Development Study by the Marin Economic Forum. The Study provides a planning tool for estimating the economic benefits from new and expanding companies in Sausalito, including generation of business revenues and tax revenues. The final report was presented to the City Council on January 24, 2012 (Report - Appendix I - Appendix II).
- Marinship Specific Plan (part 1, part 2, appendices)
- Fair Traffic Limits Initiative (Ordinance No. 1022)