For the Thanksgiving Holiday
The Community Development Department
- will CLOSE at 4pm on Wednesday, November 27
- will be CLOSED Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29
There will be no inspections on Thursday & Friday, November 28 & 29
The next inspection day is Monday, December 2
for Planning Commission Meeting Minutes and Agendas
for current Notices
Jeremy Graves, AICP
Community Development Director
Heidi Scoble, AICP
The Planning Division processes applications for discretionary planning permits for development projects proposed by private individuals and undertakes the preparation of advanced planning projects such as plan and ordinance amendments. The Division provides staff support for the Planning Commission, Historical Landmarks Board, and the Trees and Views Committee as well as the City Council. Additionally, the Code Enforcement Officer enforces the City's development regulations and permit conditions.
The Planning Division's responsibilities can be categorized as follows:
- CURRENT PLANNING: Staff Support to the Planning Commission, Historical Landmarks Board, and City Council is the Division's foremost current planning responsibility. These bodies depend on Planning Division staff analysis when reviewing applications for design review permits, encroachment agreements, use permits, variances, lot line adjustments, condo conversions, and subdivisions. The Planning Division also provides planning and environmental assistance to the Engineering Division on City construction projects.
- ADVANCED PLANNING: Advance Planning is concerned with the preparation, updating and amendment of General Plan Elements, Specific Plans and the various planning and development ordinances such as zoning, subdivision and environmental review.
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: Staff resources are directed to enforcement of the City's development ordinances and compliance with conditions of permit approvals. All Planning Division staff members participate in code enforcement on a time available basis.
- PUBLIC INFORMATION: Each day the Planning Division receives a large number of requests for planning information from the public. In order to provide this information the Division maintains a public counter that is staffed over 40 hours per week and provides telephone and mail response services. It is estimated that 25% of staff time is spent on public information activities. The installation and maintenance of this internet- based, city government business module is, in large part, intended to provide increased public access to planning documents and processes without requiring increased staff participation.
PHONE: (415) 289-4128
FAX: (415) 339-2256
|| 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
| Tuesday - Thursday
|| 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
|| 7:30 am - 12:00 pm (Reduced Staffing)